Friday, July 3, 2015

The Robins Nest DT LO - Adventure

Hello everyone today is my 1st blog post for the amazing The Robins Nest I hope that I am able to inspire you with my designs.



For my layout I used pieces of Brown Animal Glitter Cardstock, Gold Glitter CardstockBrown Glitter CardstockHoneycomb Fleur Cardstock Metallic Silver Dew DropsChristmas Tree Tear Drop  Rusty Rose Straw, Flourishes are from Gina's Design



So if you would like to create my LO here are my basic steps.

You will need additionally a stencil some dark brown ink a makeup sponge and a mixture of flowers to suit and you can also find the papers in other colours so why not try that as well. A round stencil will allow you to do the same sort of pattern with the dew drops as I have used.

All measurements are in inches, I have used foam mounting tape in between all my layers but you don't have to do that if you don't want too.

Photo Requirement

1 Black and White portrait photo you could use colour then needs to be trimmed to 5.5 x 3.5

Step one

Take your Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock and cut down to measure 11 x 11
then take your Brown Glitter Cardstock and cut a piece that is 7 x 5
now take your Gold Glitter Cardstock, and cut a piece to measure 6 x 4
Take a cut off strip of the Honeycomb Fleur paper and make sure it is the one that will have the stripes running horizontally and cut to 7 inches

Step 2
Take Brown Animal Glitter Cardstock and adhere your  Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock to the center of it

Step 3

Take your stencil of choice and brown ink and stencil approx where I have in the images I used the brown ink and the makeup sponge for this

Step 4 
Take your 
Brown Glitter Cardstock and adhere approx 1/2 inch from the left hand side your strip of  Honeycomb Fleur Cardstock stripped side up the add your Gold Glitter Cardstock and finally your photo see the image above to use as a placement guide.

Then adhere this to your LO as per main image of LO

Step 5
Add your flourishes as per image and also your flowers and finish off with the gold piece from the Rusty Rose Straw
also place your flowers and adhere, then take the Metallic Silver Dew Drops and Christmas Tree Tear Drop  and decorate your stencil area as per image of LO you can now add a title of your choice and even tuck a journal block into the flourish area.


Thanks for your Looking at my blog post! Kim Kendell

Be sure to check out the store for this and many more amazing products.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails